Arthritis is a major cause of disability in the United States. It is a life-long condition that causes chronic pain, stiffness, swelling, limb deformities, and an impaired range of motion. Although there is no treatment for arthritis, you can still reduce the severity of your symptoms. As a provider of personal care in New York we help several patients manage their arthritis.
Here some known pain management methods for arthritis:
- Cold and heat treatment
- These can be used in combination to help reduce swelling and pain. Heat treatment increases circulation while cold treatment restricts blood vessels.
- Over-the-counter medications
- These are used for minor pain and swelling.
- Prescription medications
- When OTC painkillers are not strong enough, your doctor may suggest prescription options.
- Physical therapy
- This can help improve muscle strength, increases the range of motion, and reduce pain. This is part of our home care services.
- This replaces or repairs damaged joints.
Are you in need of home health care in Rego Park, New York to help you manage your arthritis symptoms? Come on over to IHCS. Our trained, qualified, and experienced staff provides various home health care services to keep our patients independent and happy.