Personal Care & Support Services
All aides work under the direction and supervision of the nurse.
Home Health Aide
A Home Health Aide carries out health care tasks such as:
- performing simple procedures as an extension of therapy services
- provides personal care, ambulation, and exercise
- performs household services essential to health care at home
- reminds the patient to take medications
- reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs; and
- completes appropriate records
Personal Care Aide
Personal Care Aide assists the patient with personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, and household tasks essential to the patient’s health.